Sign in to follow this  
TheOneVeyronian

TheOneVeyronian's various minifig-scale car MOC's

Hello there!

It's no secret that I love cars, and recently I've just got into creating some cars that I can put into my town. They're all 7 studs wide but they're still to minifig scale, so I believe this is the right place. I have three at the moment, but no doubt I'll be making more! (p.s. please forgive me for my lack of Town minifigs in the photos - I don't actually own any!)

For a convenient way to quickly look at all the pictures of all my cars, please check out this Flickr page. (these include some previous versions of my SUV)

First up is my SUV, loosely based on a Land Rover. I could never quite understand why LEGO put out SUV's that could only sit 2 minifigures, so my challenge for this one was to create a vehicle that could sit seven minifigs (like a Land Rover Discovery for instance) but still be just small enough to not look strange in a City layout:

14178069355_efbba31111_z.jpg

LEGO Minifigure scale Car - 7-wide SUV - seats 7 minifigs 8 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

14178094524_29b8f444a5_z.jpg

LEGO Minifigure scale Car - 7-wide SUV - seats 7 minifigs 10 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

This shot shows exactly how the 7 minifigures fit into the SUV:

13991398189_b189c71264_z.jpg

LEGO Minifigure scale Car - 7-wide SUV - seats 7 minifigs 11 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

I particularly have a passion for fast cars though, and I do like to create them in minifig scale. First is a Bugatti Veyron, a particularly difficult car to do in such a small scale, but I tried to catch the essence of the car. The grille was created using a custom acetate decal.

13646523044_0b0b3a933d_z.jpg

LEGO Minifigure-scale Car - 7-wide Bugatti Veyron 1 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

13646205113_129894fa68_z.jpg

LEGO Minifigure-scale Car - 7-wide Bugatti Veyron 4 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

You can fit two minifigures into the car:

13646529134_e59b3e9f5d_z.jpg

LEGO Minifigure-scale Car - 7-wide Bugatti Veyron 7 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

And finally, one of the British public's favourite British cars of all time, just behind the Mini, is the McLaren F1, to be specific this is based on the McLaren F1 GTR. Here, I wanted to show some of the iconic features of the F1, including the doors, the 3-abreast seating (so it seats 3 minifigures, an unusual feature of a 240mph supercar) and the steering wheel in the centre. Some of the other features are represented by custom decals. I'm not too happy with the headlights since they should really be 2 studs wide each, but that was nearly impossible:

14175414882_a35e1d51c3_z.jpg

LEGO Minifigure Scale Car - 7-wide McLaren F1 GTR 1 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

14175414502_4051310f12_z.jpg

LEGO Minifigure Scale Car - 7-wide McLaren F1 GTR 3 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

Here is the car with it's doors open, just as they would open on the real car:

14174762961_dd3bc7aa1a_z.jpg

LEGO Minifigure Scale Car - 7-wide McLaren F1 GTR 4 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

14174762771_4096f6590a_z.jpg

LEGO Minifigure Scale Car - 7-wide McLaren F1 GTR 5 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

And finally, 3 minifigures (albeit legless) in the car:

14175413922_445fb17313_z.jpg

LEGO Minifigure Scale Car - 7-wide McLaren F1 GTR 6 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

Well, I hope you liked my minifigure scale renditions of some cars, I'd really appreciate it if you could take a short while to comment or provide some constructive criticism so I can apply that to any future cars I try to make :classic:

My next car will probably be a hatchback, provided I can actually finish some larger MOC's first.

Thankyou very much for looking :classic:

Clever usage of parts, must have been really fiddly to get everything to stay just right though when building!

Clever usage of parts, must have been really fiddly to get everything to stay just right though when building!

Thankyou, and yes they were fiddly, especially the McLaren as the front is only attached to the back by two studs. Not to mention the SUV's roof kept collapsing every time I tried to attach it after putting the minifigs into it.

None of these are bad, but I really LOVE that SUV!

Thankyou very much, the SUV is what made me try my hand at all the other cars after seeing how well it turned out. I did forget to mention though that the bonnet piece on the SUV is actually a custom paint job since they do not make the part in black just yet, but it's actually reasonably hard to notice in the photos I posted :classic:

As promised, I now have another car, a hatchback loosely based on the VW Golf (or Rabbit as it's known in some countries). It's only on LDD at the moment, but I do plan to build it using real bricks, but I'd like other's opinions on it first. If anyone can suggest better wheels to use firstly, I'd like to know as I'm not sure about the current ones (they're Tiny Turbos wheels I believe) on it.

14160948546_12c6324fbf_z.jpg

LEGO Hatchback (minifig scale) 1 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

14184096564_5897649041_z.jpg

LEGO Hatchback (minifig scale) 2 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

13997466918_23ce402eb4_z.jpg

LEGO Hatchback (minifig scale) 3 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

14160948526_1817cf3c8e_z.jpg

LEGO Hatchback (minifig scale) 4 by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

Feedback would be very welcome before I start Bricklinking this one.

I am also happy to take requests for cars you'd like to see done by me, I would like the challenge :classic:

AWESOME vehicle designs and I have never seen a six wide SUV carry six minifigs - excellent work and Brick On 'TOV' ! :grin:

Thanks very much lightningtiger - though the SUV is 7-wide and seats 7 minifigs, but admittedly it's still quite a feat to pull off :classic:

Can anyone suggest any more suitable wheels for the hatchback, or is it fine with the ones I've got on it?