eurotrash

MOC: Abandoned Factory

The economic downturn in my City is continuing relentlessly and with the Octan Fracking Company causing local earthquakes one factory closes its doors and moves operations elsewhere.

13309234615_b6def8a7a1_c.jpg

It looks like one of the Gas Tanks they were moving inside slipped off its chain and smashed the concrete and it's just been abandoned

13309236065_89fb21bc40_c.jpg

They've sealed the Front door with a wooden plank stuffed behind the broken down pipe and nailed into the cement walls. Unfinished wheel hubs and corrugated piping lie around

.13309234075_b409f84f21_c.jpg

Inside the main entrance thieves have stolen the bathroom door

13309237105_e1c049ed07_c.jpg

At the rear some of the railroad tracks have been removed

13309609004_14139767ef_c.jpg

And there's a mysterious leak from the storage tank

13309392693_0f9348e955_c.jpg

And there's an interior on the Factory floor

13309236535_c2bd460d0b_c.jpg

And an interior upstairs - just a couple of empty offices, some packing crates and the obligatory rat

13316309584_4c233b9c00_c.jpg

Hope you enjoy it! Criticism and comments most welcome.

Edited by eurotrash

Nice MOC! What does the inside of the 2nd floor look like? I can see a homeless person living in there...or someone hiding from zombies...

Excellent MOC 'eurotrash', I like the cracked concrete effect too - very clever and great detailing too. :thumbup:

Though it's a bit too clean in the toilet for something in disuse. :laugh:

I agree with 'JopieK', it would be perfect for a train layout.......Brick On 'eurotrash' ! :grin:

Very nice. I thought this was a real building at first look. The woodland background was a great choice to picture it in front of.

me too :classic:

This is great! You've really captured the abandoned feel with all the attention to detail. My favourite detail is the liquid seeping from the tank.

I tought it is real thing :laugh:

Great build with stunning details. Smashed concrete is a wonderful detail and the background fitted perfectly.

This really have that abandoned feeling.

Great job eurotrash! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

But no abandoned rusty goods wagon?

I thought about and started modding an existing one, but I just couldn't get it to look right.

Nice MOC! What does the inside of the 2nd floor look like? I can see a homeless person living in there...or someone hiding from zombies...

Thanks, I'd built an interior and I've edited the main post to include pictures.

Well done! I don't know what kind of spill it is, but the plants seems to thrive on it.

I'm guessing that it's full of Electrolytes - you know Plants crave it.

Thanks for all the comments guys - it's been a fun build. I first built it properly, then grunged it down, then distressed it even further. Oh, and although no-ones mentioned the roof it's actually two old Train Metro Station platform pieces from the 1990's.

Oh, and although no-ones mentioned the roof it's actually two old Train Metro Station platform pieces from the 1990's.

So it is: works really well!

it looks amazing, i love the broken concrete and the railroad. but why would you steal an old toilet door, disgusting :sick:

Abandoned factories aren't called nice in normal circumstances but your mod fit's that description really well! The ambience is excellent. I like how you photographed it with the sunlight and the vegetation on the background.

Incredible design and detailing. I love real-world MOCs. It makes me want to try harder to get out of 'Lego World' and build more realistic projects.

Nice MOC! I really like the broken concrete and the spillage from the tank.