Guys, today I bring you the lego music box to celebrate my wife's birthday! Thanks for her supporting on the way of LEGO.

Firstly, the front view.

001.jpg

The right side view to show the cake and the happy face signature which always used by my wife.

002.jpg

And the left view, not much highlight.

003.jpg

The back view shows the gears group, to conque the tolerance, I add the handle.

004.jpg

The bottom view shows the gear to start the heart of the nusic box.

005.jpg

On the surface of the music box there are the red heart and mini carousel.

007.jpg

008.jpg

And two 45 degree view for the model.

009.jpg

010.jpg

Let's open the box to see the core.

006.jpg

The common music box core bought from taobao.com. The music is optional.

011.jpg

The last is the video. Not sure my input is correct or not. The video I uploaded is on tudou, not youtube. Please help on this.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/5V4fUWNuLPU/

Your wife Lili will appreciate your gift! :classic: Would you say that she is an "Adult Fan of LEGO" (AFOL, like your are), or a "Non-LEGO Significant Other" (NLSO)?

That's a nice music box :classic:

Really cute! Too bad you cant?? make real music box with just lego??? hmm....

It might be possible to build a simple lego music box using this system, but for the comb we'll need metallic lamella:

stock-footage-a-detailed-view-of-the-insides-of-an-old-music-box-as-it-plays-slow-tracking-movements-highlight.jpg

It might be possible to build a simple lego music box using this system, but for the comb we'll need metallic lamella:

Maybe you can use a lego mindstorms brick? As i have already stated, I programmed "Marry Had a Little Lamb", but it sounded horrible, all of the notes were out of tune and they were only beeps.

The core is not LEGO's. My idea is to use the available material and combine with LEGO to build the music box. The core can be replaced by other musics which can be bought from the market.

I was lurking in this forum already for months, now I had a reason to answer on a topic ;)

This musicbox reminds me of this:

I wonder if you could create the same effect using lego elastic bands stretched to different lengths?

But it would be really pingy and it won't really sound good, what about hitting loose beams?