andybear@hk

MOC : Hall of Supreme Harmony, Forbidden City, Beijing, China

Hi,

Continued on the last round of the Tiananmen Square Forbidden City

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54261&st=0&p=969175entry969175

The area of China's Forbidden City is very big, there are many buildings,

Final, I choose the most representative buildings

" Hall of Supreme Harmony" to build.

Hall of Supreme Harmony called "throne room"is the highest in the Forbidden City, the largest palace. Annual New Year's Day, Winter Solstice, the three major festivals and Wanshou throne, morning sessions, wedding, life will be, successful candidates such ceremony is held here.

With the experience of bricking Wong Tai Sin Temple last year,

this time in terms of bricking or color on costume is also handy

Instead, the most challenging is the copper crane statues and stone lions

Another challenge is also the Hall of Supreme Harmony is the second one after the giant construction Zenkoji temple.

Panorama Hall of Supreme Harmony

01a.jpg

25.jpg

01c.jpg

01ca.jpg

01d.jpg

01e.jpg

Shuttle ancient and modern, interpretation of the civil officer towards a front of the hall

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

Steps leading to the Hall of Supreme Harmony

09.jpg

Copper tripod on the steps.

10.jpg

the copper crane statues

11.jpg

12.jpg

the rock lion (again)

13.jpg

In front of "Hall of Supreme Harmony"

12a.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

The seat of the king

16.jpg

I am the KING ....haha

17.jpg

Some small scenarios

There is a small hall of two sides next to the Hall of Supreme Harmony"

18.jpg

The Chinese traditional dance

19.jpg

Police stop the video recording.. common in China....

20.jpg

Aerial view of the Forbidden City

21.jpg

22.jpg

I am very happy that Mr Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen (The 3rd generation owner of LEGO)

he love this rock lion very much.

23.jpg

24.jpg

Many thanks for all of your watching and comments =)

That's an amazing amount of detail, and it goes so well with your Forbidden City entrance. I can only imagine how long it took you to build it all. The cranes and lions were especially impressive. It was nice to see Mr. Kristiansen admired your work as well. Fantastic job!

Once again you blow us away! The way you capture the shaping and detailing of these buildings is exceptional.

Jaw dropping AWESOME creation 'Andy', so much white and those colours too....with the detail, gee I do feel I'm in the Forbidden City. :grin:

Keep them comming and Brick On 'Andybear@hk' ! :grin:

Stunning, your use of a complex colour palette and repetive patterns is inspiring. You cetainly have a flair for scuplture. Any chance you could add some further pictures of your dragons. Congratulations andybear@hk.

Brilliant work again andy! The best parts to me were the dragon, throne room, and the crane sculptures. This is a really nice moc too. I enjoyed seeing the dancers in the center of the scene or are they warriors? :classic: Say how did you get to meet Mr Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen? :sweet:

Massively impressive creation once again andybear! The level of intricate detailing is simply off the charts! Congratulations once again on this stunningly beautiful build (and for personally meeting KKK). :thumbup:

Many thanks for all of yours comment =)

Mr Fuzzylegobricks,

The dancers in the center of the scene are officers of Qing Dynasty, they wearing a big hat and knee down outside the hall to have meeting with thk King.

Well, at 6 th April, Mr Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen came to Hong Kong, we are prepareing this exitbition, so thr director of LEGO HK, Mr Fung bring Mr K.K.K. to our prepare room to have a look, so it is lucky that I can meet him.=)

Many thanks for all of yours comment =)

Mr Fuzzylegobricks,

The dancers in the center of the scene are officers of Qing Dynasty, they wearing a big hat and knee down outside the hall to have meeting with thk King.

Well, at 6 th April, Mr Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen came to Hong Kong, we are prepareing this exitbition, so thr director of LEGO HK, Mr Fung bring Mr K.K.K. to our prepare room to have a look, so it is lucky that I can meet him.=)

Thank you, sorry for my mistake. :classic:

Simply astonishing! The colours you have used for the building would overpower most smaller models, but in yours they serve beautifully to add texture and richness. You have also allowed sufficient space in your moc to include a lot of activity, which again would make most other models look crowded.

Would love to see some close-ups of the dragons.

Mr Fuzzylegobrick : Nevermind, I really thanks for your kind comments.

Mr Captain Bayonet : Many thanks for your comment =)

Mr Legoless : Many thanks for your comment too.

There is some photo of the dragon.

This dragon had been put in my last Chinese creation before.

c5.jpg

c4.jpg

Another great MOC 'ab@hk'. Fantastic work on the scale and level of detail on this. I really enjoyed looking at these pics. Congrats on meeting Mr K.K. Kristiansen, must have been really neat! Can't wait to see your next masterpiece :classic: