I wanted to create a motorcycle that has front and rear wheel drive. This is what I came up with:

p1150447.jpg

p1150453.jpg

p1150455.jpg

In order for the front wheel to drive the engine, there is a worm hidden insidethe upper port of the forks.

p1150451.jpg

Because the front fork also has to steer, there are two U joints:

p1150452.jpg

Rear wheel drive:

p1150449.jpg

The power is translated to the differential. The upper gears are from FWD and the gears under are from RWD:

p1150450.jpg

Differential is included to prevent wheels from sliding when cornering, as the front one spins faster in the corner.

Please check the video too:

Edited by Zblj

nice bike are you going to biuld a trike next? or a side car for that one? shane its not a bit bigger then you could have a side car on it and have it detach its self on the move if you know what i mean :laugh:

Whoa, this dirt bike has a lot of features! I don't know if I've ever seen an "all wheel drive" dirt bike modelled in Lego Technic before. This dude wants to take it out for a spin: :classic:

tech016.jpg

WOW! Not only does that bike look TECHNICally awesome but it has all wheel drive! That's something I've never even thought of! I LOVE IT!!

nice..... i've seen 2wd enduro bikes and even 2wd mtbs but never one built from lego!

but the head angle looks a little steep, though it can be tricky to get those liftarms to give the right angles sometimes....

Anyone knows how to prevent the axle joiner from touching the front wheel rim?

Could you thread an 8L x1739 "Technic, Axle 8 with Stop" upwards from the bottom, and place the Axle Joiner higher up?

x1739.jpg

It might look a bit too ugly for ya (and you probably already thought of it haha) but here's an idea anyway:

2wd_bike_front_idea.jpg

Edited by allanp

I love the 2wd bike idea. It reminds me of a Rokon Trail-Breaker:

Tanner%2BRokon.jpg

Supposedly, fuel could be stored inside the rims for longer operating range. The bikes could be floated across creeks as well. :thumbup:

Nicely done!

Thanks to Allanp's idea I managed to redesign FWD so it doesnt touch the wheel anymore:

p1150456.jpg

p1150457.jpg

I also made with LDD which is missing engine blocks, tyres and disc brakes.

lddscreenshot42.png

Remember to put the half pin all the way in this hole to limit suspension travel to stop the front wheel from touching frame:

lddscreenshot43.png

DOWNLOAD LXF FILE

Edited by Zblj

Interesting idea. I did not even know these things really existed. Thanks for broading my knowledge.

I do remember seeing pictures of a 2 wheel drive motorcycle on brickshelf last year, but of course it was much different than this model. Great Job! :thumbup:

Sorry to reply so late !

Your creation is awesome. Does this type of motorcycle exist for real? (2*2) ( i know nothing about motorcycle^^)

If you google "all wheel drive motorbike"; you get a lot of info!

Even in the 1930's (!!!!) there were such bikes.

Check this out!

Totally awesome!