Sign in to follow this  
AllanSmith

MOC: Glider or Sailplane

I have always wanted to experience a glider flight. Recently I went up in a two-seater sailplane, a Grob G 103 Twin Astir belonging to the local gliding club.

So to celebrate this I have built a LEGO version of it. It will go well with my Cessna.

The grey wing pieces will be replaced with white when a Bricklink order arrives

glider01.jpg

glider02.jpg

glider03.jpg

glider04.jpg

glider05.jpg

Enjoy :classic:

Great Glider, for two heads :classic:

Shape is very nice, I think it should be even better with tiled wings, it will be more smooth for gliding.

Nice design 'Allan :thumbup: ; except for one thing .........their bodies ? :wacko:

Cool and realistic glider - I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Awesome job! The shape is perfect, but it's a shame you couldn't fit the whole figs in :sadnew:

Very interesting! The front windshield makes the whole plane look more realistic! :thumbup:

Super cool glider! I love its simplicity. The proportions look great. Would it be possible to get an actual minifigs in there?

Super cool glider! I love its simplicity. The proportions look great. Would it be possible to get an actual minifigs in there?

You can get one complete minigfig in but he/she has to be horizontal due to the inverted curved bottom pieces of the glider being solid. :wacko:

default_laugh_new.gif Haha! I love this glider! It put a smile on my face when I first saw this. The two heads in the cockpit are simple, funny, and creepy at the same time. default_laugh_new.gif As always, I love your simple but effective approach on building vehicles, allansmith.