Selander

MOC: Volvo FH Octan tanker

I like the new 3180, but it does look a bit <insert that tiresome argument> for my taste, so I wanted a more realistic looking tanker with clean studless surfaces.

Truck is basically 6-wide, except tanker which is just slightly wider as can be seen near each inverted dish 6 x 6.

Octan colour scheme is changed to a more elegant Dkred/DkGreen/White-combination, so I also made special decals in those colours though

keeping the original Octan style. Truck driver also got a new uniform :tongue:

As I have made several 6-wide Scanias, I now tried to build a 6-wide Volvo FH truck to pull the tanker.

Truck front is made with original parts, but I used a thin light grey stripe around the grill, and some white stripes near each front headlight,

to achieve a more recognizable look.

In the lower compartment, behind DkGreen doors, you find controls and a hose nozzle for unfilling the tank.

A ladder leads up to the walking bridge on top of the tanker.

Comments are welcome.

4373511312_129c89895f_o_d.jpg

4372756971_10fe8c2b5d_o_d.jpg

4373511266_3a32b944a0_o_d.jpg

4373511424_c729c5631a_o_d.jpg

4372757167_dd853b24fa_o_d.jpg

I've added the original volvo FH truck:

100_0374b.jpg

Edited by Selander

Great job on this!

The new darker octan colour scheme is a nice twist on a classic, and I'm loving the look of that trailer and the details you have packed in.

The way you made the tank is very ingenious. I really prefer the bright colors though.

That tank is awesome. I like how you used dk red and green to make the colours on the tank :thumbup:

AWESOME tanker truck 'Selander' :grin:

Love the tanker itself, a fusion of classic town, modern city and model team all in one !

Prime mover is COOL too ! :grin:

Great job and I'm a conformist! ! :grin:

I was thinking that it would not take much to have the tractor pull an Octan team race trailer as well. I really like the color scheme. The tanker is a good build. Very solid.

Great work - the shape of the tanker is great - love the mudflaps and the ladder up the side of the tanker

Hello!

A great looking truck! :classic: Of course the rounded shape of the tank is nice, but my favourite detail are the steps to the top of the tank by using tiles with handle. Excellent use of parts. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Great work, Selander!

I really prefer the bright colors though.

Same here. But just because I am used to it.

I love the Volvo grille. :classic:

I wonder how you did it? It doesn't seem to be a decal, but plastic. :look:

Great work, Selander!

Same here. But just because I am used to it.

I wonder how you did it? It doesn't seem to be a decal, but plastic. :look:

I am glad at least someone acknowledged a ressamblance with the original truck :tongue:

Volvo grill is made from 2pcs tile 1x1 at each side, with 1pcs tile 1x2 with bottom groove in the middle.

I put a very thin grey stripe around all tiles as a frame + a thin stripe in diagonal.

That's it.

So much better than that near-duplo thing coming out later this year. Loving the truck, 0 studs showing! Of course the tank is the best part, the colors blend really well! Nice addition of the ladder on the side!

The way you made the tank is very ingenious. I really prefer the bright colors though.

If slope brick curved 3 x 1 (ref 50950) which forms the tank, would have been available

in normal green colour, I would probably have built the tank in the original Octan colour scheme,

red/green /white.

But as the green doesn't exist (yet) I thought it was a nice touch to build it in Dkgreen/Dkred/White.

I know slope brick curved 3 x 1 exist in normal red, but since I went for Dkgreen I though Dkred

was a nicer complement. :tongue:

You have really made this tanker look Amazing Selander! :cry_happy:

Thats very impressive! I love new colours in the Octan logo you have done. :thumbup:

The use of those slope pieces to get the round look for the tanker was a great idea. :wub:

The front of the truck looks just like the real thing.

Well done with this lovely tanker!

CommanderFox