Oky

Lego Back To The Future - Clock Tower Strike

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello there. :classic: As the subtitle says, this was my entry in the Medium category in VBBN's Lego Themes contest on Brick Horizon, and I won first place with it. It recieved so much good feedback there that I thought I'd share this with you good people of EB as well.

The theme that I made up for this entry is my dream licensed theme: Lego Back to the Future!

lego_bttf.jpg

Set name: Clock Tower Strike

Description: A lightning bolt is about to strike Hill Valley's clock tower, and it's Marty's only hope of getting back to the future! Can Doc fix the cable in time?

Includes clock tower, street lights, falling tree, tool box, Marty McFly and Doc Brown.

Features:

Turn the gears behind the clock to swing the bell!

p1040541small.jpg

Pull the pin to make the tree fall onto the wire!

p1040545small.jpg

The back of the DeLorean, which features a lightning rod that can be folded down or taken off!

p1040551small.jpg

Take off the roof of the DeLorean to place Marty inside!

p1040556small.jpg

Below you can see the controls of the DeLorean and Marty & Doc preparing for their adventure!

2009_01_fz50_434_small.jpg

A close-up of the two heroes!

2009_01_fz50_427_small.jpg

Interesting facts:

• Doc's hair is white-painted Harry Potter hair.
  • The design of the DeLorean was inspired by 6743 Street Speeder.
  • I wanted the clock tower to be much better, but I had to stay below the parts limit of 550. :sceptic:
  • I felt honored when I found out that this creation was featured on ClassicTown.net. :blush:

Hope you like it. :classic:

Btw, VBBN, I'm still waiting for my prize! :hmpf_bad::tongue:

That's GREAT! I only think the clock tower and tree are too small. The car is a little blocky too I think.

This is great and it looks like an actual set. Good job on the doors of the car too and congratulations on winning.

Ahhh.It's about time that someone made Back To The Future models.The features make it JUST like a set.

Keep up the great building.

Man I got all excited when I saw this in your signature, great job, they should definetaly make this!

Nice set! I wish I had known about this cometition so I could have entered...

Your set looks good, but it would look better with a little more environment. I understand that you had a piece limit, but it looks dull with all that grey concrete...

Very nice and congratulation on winning. The play features are great.

I understand that the size restrictions limited your ability to really make this fantastic. Any inclination to add to it to make it better? Bigger clock tower and more environment like the others before suggested? Also I wonder if there's a head that looks older that you can use for Doc?

Thanks for all the kind comments, guys! :classic:

This is great and it looks like an actual set.

Thanks. That was the intent. :wink:

Man I got all excited when I saw this in your signature, great job, they should definetaly make this!

I hope I didn't give you false hope that this is gonna be an actual theme. :grin:

Any inclination to add to it to make it better? Bigger clock tower and more environment like the others before suggested? Also I wonder if there's a head that looks older that you can use for Doc?

Not really. Not at the moment at least. I'm not much of a City MOCer and I am kinda busy these days. I do have the feeling that I should give this classic movie scene the high-quality treatment that it deserves though. So, maybe one day, I'll revamp it. :classic:

As for Doc's head, yeah, it's hard to find a head that fits his wrinkly, excentric face, especially among the fleshies. The best solution would be a decal, but I'm kind of a purist. painting his hair was already a big exception for me. If you have any better purist solution, go ahead and tell me. :thumbup:

As for Doc's head, yeah, it's hard to find a head that fits his wrinkly, excentric face, especially among the fleshies. The best solution would be a decal, but I'm kind of a purist. painting his hair was already a big exception for me. If you have any better purist solution, go ahead and tell me. :thumbup:
The only suggestions I could think of would be:

A---CW Clone Trooper head, looks like wrinkles Here.

B---CW Anikan head, more of a smile, looks like A basically

C---Grand Moff Tarkin head, lot of wrinkles, though no smile. Here.

D---CW Captain Rex, looks kind of old. Here.

Maybe one of those would work?

Who knows, booger, there might be a friendly old face if TLC releases a Marcus Brody fig in the Indy line. (Fingers crossed! Brody and Sallah, please.)

Anyway, on-topic: great set, sir! It looks very authentic, both setwise and BTTFwise. I love your attention to detail, with Doc's gloves and the hook at the back of the car, the falling tree... Genius.

Well, CW heads wont do because of their clonewarsiness. :wink: And as you said, Tarkin looks too serious/mean to be Doc. Guess I'll have to wait for TLC to release a friendly old man.

Anyway, on-topic: great set, sir! It looks very authentic, both setwise and BTTFwise. I love your attention to detail, with Doc's gloves and the hook at the back of the car, the falling tree... Genius.

Thanks. That means a lot coming from a great purist minifig customizer such as yourself. :classic: