Sign in to follow this  
benny

MOC Super Hakucho (Japanese Railway)

indexed.gif

The Hakuchō (白鳥 ,Hakuchō?) and Super Hakuchō (スーパー白鳥 ,Sūpā Hakuchō?) are Japanese limited express train services which operate between Hachinohe and Hakodate. The services are operated by East Japan Railway Company (JR East) and Hokkaidō Railway Company (JR Hokkaidō) respectively. The services commenced in December 2002, coinciding with the opening of the Tōhoku Shinkansen extension from Morioka to Hachinohe.

The Super Hakuchō services operate between Hachinohe and Hakodate using JR Hokkaidō 789 series 6- and 8-car EMUs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakuch%C5%8D_(train)

I spent around one month to complete whole train with three cars!!!!!! I travelled it in my japan tour at Jan 2009! I enjoyed to make this MOC!

20090216_3a82d03ddc01b2060ea23ajufsbwagnb.jpg

20090322_e8277488bbb0ef37740cdxyc4nbeptws.jpg

20090322_f9e817845edc72414367mdrqzkbebfju.jpg

20090322_70552724848f0efca0d9vrgfray0xfg9.jpg

20090322_cfb0a227f024109f20401ew239nwuuzm.jpg

20090322_1492957c26c77b31078bjgqjydm870wu.jpg

20090322_20de31b8680e88b0e2dcqusfdwdg5ecx.jpg

20090322_235d5952bb754167ef52gihwp3a2u6li.jpg

20090322_2c367b00ffea7300be0caeqqocgt5egd.jpg

20090322_27cdc083835045d1157cmxgxgd4cirqf.jpg

20090322_842958326ff81734477392wc4hsk5qhj.jpg

That's a really nice train you have there, Benny, I just love it!

It even has its own toilet, nicely done! A big :thumbup: from me for this.

A very cute train, I'd say! It' so narrow yet the interior space is used very efficiently. The toilet is a fun detail, although I don't think anyone appreciates the window on the toilet door. :tongue:

A very cute train, I'd say! It' so narrow yet the interior space is used very efficiently. The toilet is a fun detail, although I don't think anyone appreciates the window on the toilet door. :tongue:

Thanks!! As it is the long distance train, i like to make a toilet inside!! Actually, i want to add a washhand basin but it is really no more space to add it!

Very well designed and pretty close to the original, I specially like the way you exploited the interior (even a bathroom!) and the decals! :wink:

Very well designed and pretty close to the original, I specially like the way you exploited the interior (even a bathroom!) and the decals! :wink:

Thanks!! As i like the 6x train, so the effect is only 70% same to original!! If i use 8x train, the effect should be much better!!! However, it will cost much more parts and brick!!!!

I am making another japanese train , it is much interesting at the decal!! (The red one)

p3220285_small.jpg

20090318_ca27a6b87d1f82d7622f3c2zkh1fcmu2.jpg

Edited by benny

Very nice Benny. I'm very unfamiliar with Asian trains, and it's neat to see you building these in Lego. What stands out for me is the combination of colors (the green, grey, and blue and yellow stripes) - a very unique and pleasant color variety. It really adds interest to the creation. I also like the way you created the observation window (simple, but very creative - like that of the orginal train). The extra little details you took time to add finishes off the MOC nicely.

Great job on this! :thumbup: I'd like to see it run along some track.

Very nice Benny. I'm very unfamiliar with Asian trains, and it's neat to see you building these in Lego. What stands out for me is the combination of colors (the green, grey, and blue and yellow stripes) - a very unique and pleasant color variety. It really adds interest to the creation. I also like the way you created the observation window (simple, but very creative - like that of the orginal train). The extra little details you took time to add finishes off the MOC nicely.

Great job on this! :thumbup: I'd like to see it run along some track.

Thanks for your comment!!!

As i am living in asia, i have more chance to see and travel the Japanese railway! So that i have the clear image at my mind!!!

Actually, i lve USA train like Santa fee and 10133!!! For Germany train , i made one DB train before but i forgot to take the photo! Now, this Db tain was broken to make another train!!

I will visit Germany and Switenland in June 2009, i may make one europe train later!!!

that's a cool train! must be hard to make it to looks like the real one, and you did well^^

At first I wondered why you re-posted one of your locomotives, until I noticed that you've given it cars! :blush:

This is very nice, and a nice attention to detail. I'll echo what TheBrickster said, since most of us (I guess) are unfamiliar with japanese trains and asian trains in general. It's very refreshing to see MOCs of these.

At first I wondered why you re-posted one of your locomotives, until I noticed that you've given it cars! :blush:

This is very nice, and a nice attention to detail. I'll echo what TheBrickster said, since most of us (I guess) are unfamiliar with japanese trains and asian trains in general. It's very refreshing to see MOCs of these.

Thanks! Actually, the Japanese train include High speed train (look like Germany ICE), intercity fast train (look like CE), city train (e.g. RE) and locomotive (mainly for stock and cargo transport)!

This Super Hakucho train is a intercity fast train, it speed is between 110-180km/hr! The Japanese high speed train can be up to 250-330km/hr!

I like to make more MOCs with asian style!

A wonderous piece of work which stays faithful to the original. Hope to see more from you and I'm looking forward to the red train already! :thumbup:

A wonderous piece of work which stays faithful to the original. Hope to see more from you and I'm looking forward to the red train already! :thumbup:

Thanks!! The red train is competed in 70% , i think it will complete in April!!!!!

Pretty good :thumbup:

But to be faithful to Japanese trains, you need more people cramped inside :tongue:

very nice train cars, great addition for your train locomotive.

interesting interior. nice windows too.

the restroom and the pushcart also very well designed.

great work you have there. :thumbup:

very nice train cars, great addition for your train locomotive.

interesting interior. nice windows too.

the restroom and the pushcart also very well designed.

great work you have there. :thumbup:

Thanks!!! I think i will make more MOC train when i buy the 10194 which has so many new train parts and bricks!!!