the enigma that is badger

Sandtrooper with custom T-21 Blaster Rifle

Many have seen images of the upcoming BrickArms Lewis Gun accessory, but here's one neat application of the item: once you take off the removable magazine (pops right off and on) from the accessory, it becomes the T-21 Blaster Rifle used by Sandtroopers!

Here's the standard TLC Sandtrooper toting his custom weapon:

sandtrooper_with_brickarms_lewis_gun.jpg

sandtrooper_with_brickarms_lewis_gun_and_dewback_small.jpg

Reference image for the T21 blaster rifle

Actually, it makes complete sense since the original T-21 prop was built from an old surplus Lewis Gun. Amazing what you can find laying around Elstree Studios! :wink:

Just for fun, an image comparing the TLC Blaster Rifle, BrickArms Lewis Gun prototype sans magazine, and the Little Armory Heavy Blaster Rifle:

sw_guns_compare_small.jpg

A reminder that this is prototype, and it may or may not reflect the design of the final production accessory. Still, don't expect the design of this item to change that much in the final product. Also, the release date for this item is still not finalized, but Will is hard at work on other fun and exciting new accessories. I'll keep you all updated as much as I can!

badger

Thats great Badger. The gun looks really good so far, but I think i'll use it as some kinda german gun. I don't have any British troops.

Interesting, I have to say I hope that the removable magazine continue to the final incarnation. It does seem a bit to long when the trooper is pointing it.

i happen to know why it looks like the blaster shown is becouse starwars takes old weapons and turns them into laser guns. it is a known fact that the t 21 realy is a lewis machine gun(without the round drum on top of course)

Where can I get these custom made guns?I'd like to post in the buying / selling forum, but I can't... :cry_sad:

You can purchase all of BrickArms custom weapons and other great minifig accessories at this website.

The BrickArms Lewis Gun, however, is still in development and currently is not available for sale. However, Will Chapman, the person who designs all of BrickArms' custom weapons, is currently hard at work finishing up this and several other designs (well, not just this moment as he's attending BrickFair right now :blush:) , and as soon as it is available, I'll certainly post about it in this forum!

badger

That is a really cool gun! Lucasfilm often takes old guns and modifys them for use in star wars. For instance, Han Solos blaster in the OT is a modified luger pistol (a common german sidearm during world war 2).

That is a really cool gun! Lucasfilm often takes old guns and modifys them for use in star wars. For instance, Han Solos blaster in the OT is a modified luger pistol (a common german sidearm during world war 2).

Han Solo's gun is a modified Mauser C96 Broomhandle please.

Also spotted some new photos on Will's flickr page, including a T-21 and the T-21B as well as the DH-17.