anothergol

[MOC] Some black jet fighter spaceship

I wanted to do something with this year's Batmobile windshield, those front wedge parts new in LBG, as well as those cool old winglet parts (around the back thruster) that don't appear in the LDD.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskBeV7pg

28708683961_13d670dd54_b_d.jpg28501379120_1197f5e698_z_d.jpg28680645222_4bd58a5d61_z_d.jpg28785822515_ef4a2e4358_k_d.jpg

Edited by anothergol

Very nice ship. I have been trying to figure out how to use the new bat mobile windscreen on my own ship and this gives me a lot of inspiration.

Looks pretty cool! The nose reminds me of a V-wing from Star Wars. Nice job!

I get more of a Viper (from Battlestar Galactica) from this ship.

Thanks all

Actually it all started with the nose, those wedge parts new in LBG. The way they were linked in reverse allowed for an angled fuselage like the front of an X-Wing. That nose part (attached with clips on all sides) is surprisingly strong btw, so it's pretty nice for spaceship noses, as it's hollow & allows for a landing gear inside.

The rest was more or less guided-by-the-brick (much easier to MOC when there is no model to follow).

Something I wanted to use was the Fabuland cauldron as the back thruster, but then I realized there was no clutch power with a 2x2 round plate, so I went for something else. And now I'm actually realizing that I could have attached it using 4x 1x1 round plates instead.

Edited by anothergol

Really nice fighter! Damn it, now I want that set and can't afford it...

Great use of the windshield pieces. Nice touch on the guns, too, the use of lightsaber hilt dumbbell makes for really nice detailing.

Really nice fighter! Damn it, now I want that set and can't afford it...

Do you mean the Batmobile? Note that the windwhield parts are pretty cheap on BL. Probably too specific/recognizable, not something MOCers generally want.

That's a great little ship. The use of the windshield is quite beautiful in this context. Looks complex, but it's deceptively simple. I love that.

Great work!

Nice build. The Batman windshield looks great in here. The color scheme is also outstanding.

I also like the title of this thread. :laugh: