Sign in to follow this  
Coola1

RC Chassis with Adjustable Suspension

Hello there. Looking at Graydingo's Impala with the "low ride" feature, I was inspired to try it out myself. This is the result, only a chassis, don't know if I'll make a body for it.

It uses 2 XL motors for drive, 1 Servo motor for steering and 1 M motor per axle for raising or lowering the suspension.

Pics:

img_1019.jpg

img_1020.jpg

img_1021.jpg

img_1022.jpg

img_1023.jpg

img_1024.jpg

As high as it goes: (When this high, the cv joints sometimes pop out due to the angle)

img_1025.jpg

On DA FLOOR!

img_1026.jpg

If I'm not busy tomorrow, I'll make a quick video showing it in action.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome!

Awesome!! I put stops on the raising / lowering mechanism to control the end high and low point- that may solve the cv joint from popping out. Gotta put a body on!

Looks pretty good. Could be bodied into the new civic or even a fiesta

Awesome!! I put stops on the raising / lowering mechanism to control the end high and low point- that may solve the cv joint from popping out. Gotta put a body on!

Thanks! Well then, I better get started on a body for it, still not sure what to do though.

The front suspension looks compact and reliable. Chassis and rear seem to need more sturdiness. Sorry, it is not offensive but at some time I made the same mistakes to make some criss - cross to stabilize the chassis. You don´t need to, you could go straight on the chassis by stabilizing it vertically with some L shaped beams :wink: . I am surprised from time to time how sturdy those structures can be being only 3 studs thick. I had some thoughts about to build some kind of "lowrider" too, with a dead simple but reliable regulation with LA`s.

The front suspension looks compact and reliable. Chassis and rear seem to need more sturdiness. Sorry, it is not offensive but at some time I made the same mistakes to make some criss - cross to stabilize the chassis. You don´t need to, you could go straight on the chassis by stabilizing it vertically with some L shaped beams :wink: . I am surprised from time to time how sturdy those structures can be being only 3 studs thick. I had some thoughts about to build some kind of "lowrider" too, with a dead simple but reliable regulation with LA`s.

Thanks, for the feedback! I'll see what I can do to make it sturdier. Would love to see those ideas develop into a model, using LAs would definitely make a very reliable system.